Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Endless Summer

I would like to take this moment to inform everyone that I have officially renamed the year 2007 "Endless Summer." But, let us first pay homage to wintertime in NYC:

Oh, isn't that just pretty? Times Square all cold and icy?

Through the miracle that is the magical combination of the Equator, the Earth's peculiar tilt and rotation, something about hemispheres and the Sun... January, February, March, April and May will not be the snot-freezing and gray slush extravaganza and undecided sort-of-warming-up springtime us New Yorkers are so accustomed to. No sir! Instead we will be subjected to such natural atrocities and weather abberrations as this:

I know, I know... miserable, right? Who could stand so much sunlight... from the sky... glinting off the ocean...
Ok, so at this point, you are probably wondering, "Well, Jen, that only takes care of five months of 2007..." Yes yes, I know. The true horror is when we return to New York City in May to this:

Yes, that's right: Summer in Melbourne, Summer in Christchurch, Summer in New York City. Endless Summer baby!


2 comments:

Matt said...

Jen, you're really bringing me down with all this "I'm a law student and my life is so horrible" business. Really, cheer up!

Anonymous said...

ugh...thanks for the mental image. I'm looking forward to a frigid few months...not that I'm jealous or anything.

Have a blast all! I look forward to the updates and of course some raunchy pics.