So, I have spent the whole evening packing up what is known as "my life" in anticipation for the "big move" out of New York City tomorrow. This stinks!! I have also spent the past coupla weeks on lunch dates and dinner engagements with friends who love me enough to find the time during this hectic finals and holiday season to squeeze in a lil jen-time to say g'bye (mate!). Saying goodbye to people is awful! I do not like it.
It doesn't help that I have also drank a bottle of wine (coincidentally, no joke, a McWilliams Shiraz... from Australia [thanks, Johnny!]). I admit to shedding a few tears tonight... the source? Some smushy sentimental spot in my cynical spleen, I'm sure. Yay for alliteration (I don't know if I spelled that right).
Anyhow... Being the eternal (and possibly, infernal) optimist that I am, I have decided the proper perspective is this:
I am not leaving New York. I am going to freaking Australia!!!
Thus, I have regained some enthusiasm, and can mock my tears retrospectively. I still would like to send the following love, in no particular order, especially since I'm a tad tipsy, it's late in the night and well, I don't know how to order this in any manner anyhow:
Ru, Matt, Rachel - FT kisses! So glad we squeezed one in.
Tony D - always a fun time, thanks for darts and gin and a good listenin' ear.
Frankie - best date ever, waiting for you to top it next time.
Juliet - glad for the good recommendations, and good company tonight.
Ori - ham hocks! You rock!
BenBen - next year we'll get the opera... still love lunching witcha.
Tommy - too bad the NYC afternoon was cut short, we'll pick it up in May.
Dru - I don't know if good times in the studio make up for the fact you still stole my fav hoodie.
Russ - you're fun!
Joobies, Erik, Johnny, Jackman - so glad y'all made it to the holiday/farewell party and took the train/bus to do so. Much love.
Nick n' Hyatt - I guess it's good we at least got in post-exam drinks.
Lisa - Chinese-delivery, a home for five months, what more could I want?
Wish me luck on a smooth move (and I don't mean the wink-wink-nudge-nudge kind) tomorrow!
Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cheers Jen. You'll be missed.
Post a Comment