Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Ultimate High Dive

While I've already emailed many of you the pictures of the weekend, here are the pictures again, and a few more. After spending Friday of last week driving up from Queenstown to Glenorchy, we woke up Saturday morning to a crystal clear sky. We couldn't have asked for a better day to throw ourselves out of a small prop plane at 12,000 feet.

The reservations we had with the first skydiving company ended up getting canceled and our emotions went from excitement/anticipation to frustration rather quickly. Looking back though, it was a fortunate turn of events, since we ended up jumping with NZ Sky Diving back up in Glenorchy, the small town of 250 people tucked right up against the Mt. Aspiring range.

I jumped with Steph and Margie, and Jen and Josh followed up with the next flight up. There wasn't really any sense of hesitation, except for the split second after Steph disappeared from vision and Margie and I looked at each other realizing, "This is it!"



Check out Steph's dive on YouTube here.

Our dive was a 45 second free-fall with tandem instructor and a 4-5 minute decent after the canopy was open... Some of the greatest views I've ever seen and I would have gone right back up to dive again if only it didn't cost so much money ($295 NZD).

The last few moments with my feet on the ground...

Me attached to Nick, my instructor, a few moments after we jumped.



1 comment:

StephieT224 said...

MR. JAHN! You made fun of ME for pumping my fists!?!? :)