Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Drinks 'n Dinner Downunder

After wandering around Melbourne picking up food/essentials, joining the new YMCA gym, and testing El's Magellan-like navigation skills, we all head down to the waterfront bar for a few drinks. On the walk back to the apartment, we had to stop to snap a few pictures of the city after sunset.

The the cooking began, but with one slight snag: We forgot to buy SALT. With El, Jen and Steph working away at dinner, I head down to the Fish Bar downstairs to find some -- too bad they are closed. So I stop by the Greek restaurant and ask the host if I can buy a salt shaker from him. He laughs and doesn't seem to realize that I actually do in fact want to buy salt and for $50 AUD no less (it's the only bill I had in my wallet). No go.

Finally, Steph steps in and yells down to the apartment below us to borrow some. Objective achieved.

No comments: