Last Wednesday after class, we took a stroll over the Yarra River to check out the Royal Botanic Gardens. On the way, we were able to take some great shots of the skyline. Melbourne resembles Southern California in some ways with the palms and plant life... Most of what we saw in the gardens were things I remember seeing in some of my backyards growing up.While I'm sure the gardens would be much more impressive in the spring or fall (rather than the heat of mid-summer), they were still very impressive. We made it only through a small fraction of the gardens with the heat and sun form the afternoon... To do it justice I'll be back again before leaving Melbourne.

One of the large lakes in the middle of the gardens. (For family: the gardens looked strangely similar to Prospect Park in Redlands.)
And one final picture of me and the Swanston Street bridge looking back at the skyline.

1 comment:
Wow! You must of had a huge backyard if you had skyscrapers in it.
Post a Comment